Are you already working or want to work with children and families in the child protection sector? If the welfare, safety and well-being of children and young people is important to you then this could be just what you’re looking for! This course is designed to arm you with the skills to pursue management-level positions in this challenging yet rewarding sector.
CHC50313 - Diploma of Child, Youth and Family Intervention
Click on each title below to access more information
While there is no Vocational Placement component for qualification, enrolment with Horizon2 is only available for those who are already employed in the industry. As a part of the enrolment process we will request evidence of your employment and role in the sector.
The successful achievement of this qualification requires you to complete 16 units in total, including 9 core units and 7 electives. Relevant units of competency from previous formal training may be used as credit towards this qualification.
· CHCCCS004 Assess co-existing needs
· CHCCCS016 Respond to client needs
· CHCCSM005 Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
· CHCDEV003 Analyse client information for service planning and delivery
· CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
· CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
· CHCPRT004 Work effectively in child protection to support children, young people and families
· CHCPRT006 Build professional practice and sectoral expertise
· CHCPRT010 Work with children and young people with complex trauma and attachment issues and needs
· CHCCOM003 Develop workplace communication strategies
· CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
· CHCINM001 Meet statutory and organisation information requirements
· CHCFAM003 Support people to improve relationships
· CHCFAM006 Assist families to self-manage contact
· CHCMGT005 Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
· CHCPRT012 Undertake and implement planning with at-risk children and young people and their families
For a complete outline of units & delivery options please contact Horizon2: To find out more, please contact us on [email protected] and one of our team will call you at time that suits.
Qualifications can be completed via a combination of self-paced, study group or classroom. The duration will vary dependent on the delivery style and training plan negotiated for each student.
Where relevant assessment of competency may involve recognition of prior learning or credit transfer if prior skills or certification is held.
Fees for the program vary dependent on whether the individual holds a concession card, whether there are credit transfers available. Please contact our office to discuss your situation.
Call 1300 889 564
Click here here to download our list of course fees.
My trainer was fantastic, easily understandable and explains each topic in detail.Tracey
The length of the course allowed me to gain employment within the industry sooner.Hayley
The pace and reliability of the timetable worked perfectly with my timetable and my trainer delivered the content well and shared her wealth of knowledge and experience.Cindy
Upcoming Course Dates
Certificate III in Individual Support
Woolloongabba – 30th September